Friday, November 6, 2009

The sweeter things



I've just read the recent post "All work and no play" by Older Non-Trad Student and feel quite relieved that I've finally got time to do the things I love (apart from attending lectures).  With lectures and tutes for the semester finished and all assignments done, it feels so strange to be able to sit down and actually read for fun!  Better still, I've pulled out a cross stitch I started over a year and a half ago with the intention of giving it to my niece for her birthday (which has come and gone - twice!).  Apart from an exam in two weeks, my time is now pretty much my own.  To all you mature age mamas in the northern hemisphere - take heart.  The hard slog you're going through at the moment will be worth it in the end and your reward will be an appreciation for the spare time you'll have to enjoy the sweeter things in your life.

2 comments:

  1. You're slowing down and I am now speeding up! Although I am loving the 'healthy' stress that goes with it. Good luck with the exam - and the cross stitch - your a braver woman than me to even attempt it - needlewoman I am not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the bliss of reading for fun. That is what I'm looking forward to. Good luck on the exam, and enjoy your break! It is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!