Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wind beneath my wings


Today I spent the day with my oldest and dearest friend and I was reminded of a  recent post by Student Mum who talks about the support networks of us mature age students. 

I've known my friend, Jukes, since we were 15 (that's 26 years!) and through all this time, we've never had a bad word to say to each other.  We've known each other longer than we've known our husbands and you could say, we've become the perfect married couple ourselves!  We listen to each other, finish each other's sentences, support each other through the good times and the bad and most importantly, we make each other laugh so much we cry.  She is one of the very few people in my life with whom I can totally be myself, without fear of being judged.  I can see us when we're 80 sitting side by side with our knitting on our laps, still talking and laughing.  I feel so blessed to have found her in my lifetime - for the joy she brings me and the history we have. 

Here's to all the 'Jukes' in our lives who propel us forward and give us the strength to fly.

1 comment:

  1. To my other sister from another mother!!!! Love you, thank you and god bless you...I hope we get to be those two 80 year old chicks only going on world adventures - not always knitting!!!! JukesXXX

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!