Monday, November 16, 2009

The exam

Having had no lectures for the last three weeks, swanning around enjoying the sweeter things in life, Uni has seemed very far behind me for the semester.  However, way back in the depths of my mind has been the knowledge that I have one last exam to worry about.  'But it's so far away, you don't really have to think about it yet', my mind said. 

Well, that day is tomorrow and although I have been aware all weekend that I'd better do some revision, I allowed the events of the weekend to take precedence and now I feel like Mr Bean in 'The exam' episode - where once I was sure of myself, now I feel panicked.  I've read the books and know the questions will be of a comparative nature, however, now the day is upon me I'm not so quietly confidant.  I sometimes find it very hard to articulate what I want to say and knowing I have to write 500 words per question, on top of being nervous, I have visions of handing in 3 - 4 pages of absolute rubbish.

So, it's time to stop putting it off and finding more important things to do (like reading your latest blogs, emptying the dishwasher, catching up on emails...) and hit the lecture notes.  After all, I want really great end of semester marks to look back on.  I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your final exam! I'm sure you will do a great job. Soon it will all be over and you can get back to "the sweeter things".

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!