Monday, July 12, 2010

Mama's brand new plan


I've just returned from a very relaxing week on the Sunshine Coast - minus the sunshine!!!.  Not that it worries me - I have my little sunshine in a pill every morning, also known as vitamin D3!  Although the weather wasn't the best, it was so nice to get away from certain day to day routines, only it doesn't seem to matter where you chooff off to - there's always a mountain load of washing to be done.  Now that I'm home, yes it's nice to be back, but I always feel as if  I'm returning to the job of 'house maid'.  Once again, I feel it's time to start lessening my home duties a little bit and trust the other four people who also live here to take up a bit of the slack. 

Maybe I'm a control freak - I don't know.  What I do know is that I'm determined to finish my first year at uni this Semester and start full-time next year (sounds familiar doesn't it?  I'm sure I said the same thing last semester).  One of my classes (Creative Writing) involves a two hour return trip which I ummed and ahhed about and almost withdrew from, but I really want to take it.  So watch out kids, Mama's got a brand new plan!!! 

I've got two more weeks of study-less bliss before returning.  I got great marks for both my subjects last semester but even this hasn't mustered up the enthusiasm I once had for returning to uni.  I've thought about deferring, quitting and returning to work.  The only thing that's stopped me is the thought of returning to a dull receptionist/administration job that I vowed I would never return to again!  Hence my decision to take a step up and try three subjects a semester in the hope of completing my degree sooner.  Having said that, this morning I did some research into becoming a Teacher/Librarian which will eventually require a Masters!!!!  It all seems to be taking forever - and therein lies the problem.  I have no patience.  Light-bulb moment - my lack of patience has been the cause of all my dithering over what it is I really want.

So what's the plan?  Worry less about housework, focus more on my immediate goal of finishing my degree and practice some patience.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.We have a lot in common don't we? Sorry about your dad. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Don't give in! :D Get your degree. Go for your Masters. Either you stick it out with the (possibly somewhat boring) school work for a time, or be stuck in the unpleasant bottom of the ladder job until you retire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou University Bound - you are so right and it's my fellow bloggers who keep me motivated.

    Sarah, we do have a lot in common - your post gave me chills. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of school as a race. I've ran a few races and and sometimes it felt miserable, boring, and painful. But when you finish a race it is a wonderful feeling. Unless you are a sprinter, running and school are both about endurance. Keep plugging away and eventually you will reach the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brandywine - that's a great analogy!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!