Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conscientious objector

TD No 2 is still at that age where boys are just gross and the best company a girl could have are her five "bff's"!  So it is that I allowed her to host a "dinner/games party".  I know it's not often I write about the good qualities of my children but they really are beginning to blossom and mature.  She spent all day yesterday in the kitchen preparing her entree of hummus; main of spinach and ricotta quiche and cup cakes decorated with hearts for dessert.    Her abilities in the kitchen and general organisation of the whole event have just melted my heart.  They've spent the day happily playing boardgames - cluedo, toggle etc. with the occasional crazy outburst of laughter and screaming, but all in all, they've been extremely well-behaved. They all dressed up for dinner; drank fizzy grape juice in wine glasses and cleaned up afterwards.

Now it's 8.15pm and I've just settled in to do some serious homework/study and unfortunately, the girls have all decided it's time to put on the "scary" movies.  The screaming has become more often than occasional and I'm beginning to think I've chosen the wrong night to begin my conscientious student routine!

1 comment:

  1. You can tell that the girls are having a great time. Fun = screaming at that age. What a great party idea!! It reminds me of sleepovers with the Scout troop.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!