Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Swing shift

I finally returned to uni on Monday and after two early starts and a full day yesterday, I'm exhausted!  Not just from the drive but also from trying to comprehend the excerpts from Plato's Republic for my Foundations of Western Culture class - it's pretty heavy.  I have until next week to finish the whole dossier and answer the comprehension questions.  Film and Screen will be a little easier to get into.  Although it takes up my whole Tuesday, analysing character, setting, cinematogrophy is right up my alley.  Yesterday we watched Shadow of a Doubt (Hitchcock, 1942), followed by a lecture on lighting, frame, shot etc and then the tute.  By the time I got home at 4pm, I was shattered.  I have tomorrow to catch up on my reading before my Effective Writing class on Thursday.  I think it's going to take a little while to get back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite Hitchcock movies. Plato's Republic, yikes! Sounds like you are going to have a busy semester.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!