Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Strikes and sentences

Another teacher strike which means ALL the tennants are at home and my planned day of structure and study will go down the drain, right? 

Surprisingly, I got more study done with them all at home than I usually do on my own.  TD's both have exams this week and the next and No 1 son has a project due on Friday, so after preaching to them all the importance of keeping on track, I announced today was going to be a 'study' day for all of us.  This consisted of no t.v., blocks of two hourly study periods, with lunch and afternoon tea in between.  To be honest, I didn't really hold out much hope of any of this eventuating but, as I said, I managed to get all my reading/homework done with two hours to spare; No 1 son's project and homework are finished; and TD's feel pretty happy with the study time they've put in.  It just make me wonder, why aren't my other free days as productive?  It also makes me wonder at paying private school fees for an extra week's holiday per term plus the occasional teacher strike.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!