Thursday, January 28, 2010

Homework - Seven things

I've been very remiss in my blogging due to illness (yes, again.  Isn't it amazing that I could have 6 weeks holiday in a different hemisphere and not once get sick only to return to my homeland and be constantly ill!!!!).  What a great idea this homework is - I really enjoyed reading everyone elses.  Here are seven things I haven't mentioned on my blog -

1.  I met my husband when I was 19 and it was love at first sight.  All my plans to travel the world fell to the wayside and I decided all I wanted to do was have babies.  No, I don't blame him in the least.

2.  When I was 14, I was so sure I was going to be Michael Jackson's one and only true love!!  We were going to get married and I was going to have his children.

3. My eldest daughter was born 6 weeks premature and weighed 3lb 7oz.  She had to stay in the hospital without me for four weeks.  Up until that point, it was the most traumatic thing I had ever experienced.

4. When I was a teenager, I was heavily into English pop - Culture Club, Duran Duran, Howard Jones...My very first concert was Spandau Ballet at Festival Hall.  I was standing near the stage and Tony Hadley threw a glass of water over me.  They are touring here this year and their support is Tears for Fears!!!!!  I'm going.

5. When I was 18, I went to Great Keppell Island with two other girlfriends.  We thought we'd be real rebels and sunbake - topless.  However, when it came down to it, I felt so uncomfortable I put a hat over my face so no-one could see me...well, my face, anyway!

6. My father died three years ago and I still miss him desperately, every day and I think I will for the rest of my life.

7. I worked for the Justice Department when I was 15 and stayed there for 10 years because I didn't think I was smart enough to do anything else.  I used to dwell on the years I wasted but now realise it was all part of "the journey".

Wow, this was almost cathartic!!  I pass this homework on to brandywine.

1 comment:

  1. I went to a Spandau concert at Wembley arena back in the 80s and I swear Tony Hadley winked at me!
    Haven't had the chance to see them this time around - yet.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!