Saturday, January 30, 2010

Breathe in to prepare...

In my quest for a body that doesn't show my middle-age, I signed up to do pilates classes three days a week.  After attending one beginners class and feeling a tad more advanced than the rest of the class, I mentioned to the instructor this morning that I had actually done pilates before and whispered, "Do you think I could move up to the intermediate class?"  "I'll watch you and let you know at the end of this session", she whispered back. 

Well, after breathing in to prepare, moving my thigh but not my hip, extending my leg with a straighened knee, holding my abdominals toward my spine, bringing my knees into tabletop making sure my feet aren't above my knees and my back is in neutral position, I decided I'd better just stick with the beginner's class for a while!  This was further reinforced when I returned home and felt like I was climbing Mount Everest rather than the stairs and it was an effort to lift my arms above my head whilst having a shower!  Yes, it's been a while since I've done any pilates but my class this morning emphasised my love for the exercise.  I've missed it.  Next stop, yoga!

Now breathe out...slowly.

1 comment:

  1. I underestimated Pilates when I first tried it - I ached for days. I have had a break from it for about 3 months and after reading your tale realise it is going to be tough when I eventually (soon) do go back to it.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!