Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Challenger

I spent way too much of my study time yesterday, once again, trawling through databases for relevant journal articles.  As a result, I've had to make up time today but that's okay because I've had absolutely nothing on today (apart from washing and cleaning - that can wait!) 

I dropped the kids off at school and after coming home and running off some steam on the treadmill for half an hour, my head was clear and I've pretty much finished my World History brief - in only three hours!  The research was done, it was just making it into something coherent that took the time.  Isn't it a great feeling when you've completed a challenge you didn't think you could?

It's all thanks to my new schedule.  I was a bit worried about becoming anal about timetabling every hour of my day. And now I've got two daughters working part-time, I've got more driving hours that need to be accounted for. But because I've even tabled in down-time, I don't feel stressed or anxious at all.   Hopefully, it'll stay that way!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of timetabling! Sadly not so good at sticking to it...

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!