Sunday, May 9, 2010

Every mother has her day

This weekend I took Mum to Allan Bennett's new play, "The Habit of Art" televised at the local cinema from The National Theatre, London.  I thought it was funny that the presenter acknowledged about 10 places around the world at which it was being televised, other than Australia.  We tend to get forgotten down under!  Nevertheless, the play was brilliant and was enjoyed all the more with a glass of red and a choc top for good measure. 

We're only 18 years apart, my Mum and I and though we don't get to spend a lot of time together lately because of her work and my family/uni committments, whenever we do get together we always end up having good fun. The older we get, the closer in age we seem to be and just as we grew up together, so too I imagine us growing old together.  Two little old ladies sharing that special bond of mother and daughter. 

Mother's Day reminds me of how lucky I am to have three beautiful children. Although we don't always see eye to eye and these teenage years are proving to be a little more challenging than I envisaged, I know I can look forward to a time when we can enjoy each other's company as friends and adults. 

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I like this posting - it makes me think of my daughter and I... growing closer and closer together as the years go by. Thanks for sharing this unique viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!