Monday, February 15, 2010

Everything's write with my world

The course outlines have finally been made available - Plato, Voltaire, Machiavelli, Shakespeare and Chaucer are the readings I have to look forward to (I get heart palpatations just thinking about it!); I've bought some funky new folders, my pencils are sharpened and I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting, waiting, waiting...

My conscious decision not to keep worrying about what I will do with my degree when I finish seems to be working already.  I've been asked by a friend from Uni to help edit a novel she's writing.  I've heard these sorts of things can happen when you're in the right environment, you never know where it's going to lead.

In the meantime, my 'Perfect Sunset' has been submitted.  I doubt I'll win any awards but it was a great writing exercise, nonetheless.  As someone once said, 'The impossible is often the untried'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!