Friday, January 13, 2012

Tough love

Ali's got nothin' on me
In accordance with my self-regulated rules of the Year of Caz and having spent eighteen years trying to get my children to pick up and clean up after themselves, it's time the gloves came out - time to enforce some pretty simple Rules of the House:

1.  You leave it lying around - it's gone

2.  You refuse to clean up after your pet - you suffer the consequences

3.  You leave the lights on all day and all night - you'll be in the dark

So far this morning I have collected 1 shoe, 3 bottles of nail varnish, a necklace, a bracelet, 4 dvd's, the light bulb in their bathroom and the light bulb in their lounge room!!  The kitty litter that's been uncleaned for I-don't-know-how-many-days, regardless of I-don't-know-how-many-times-I've-asked, has been relocated into the bedroom of the yes-I-will-do-it-later owner along with the empty cat food container that was left sitting on the windowsill!! Oh, and by the way, if you're old enough to have sex, drive, drink and vote...you're old enough to get yourself to and from work!!! 

A bit harsh?  I don't care!!  I'm just wondering how long it's going to take these 2 teens and 1 adult of mine to clean up their act.  

Yep, things are going to change around here.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's harsh at all, and may apply it to my 13 yr old's shoes that they leave for me to fall over and their PE kits, which will remain unwashed until they put them in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came over from studying parent's blog after reading her post inspired by yours! It seems we all have very similar households! I intend to learn from both your posts and take action!! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!