Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mall trawl

I just can't walk past a bargain
The summer holidays are once again drawing to a close and I just can't believe the kids are going back to school next week.  It seems like only yesterday they all came home delirious by the fact they had a whole seven weeks before they had to return.  We were all filled with bliss at the idea of sleeping in instead of the usual crazy morning frenzy; lazy days by the pool and late twilight bbq's! 

Where has the time gone?  I don't know but I do know that the great expanse of time I thought I had to buy stationary, shoes and replace lost lunch boxes and water bottles has escaped me.  Having spent the last seven weeks successfully avoiding the crowds, bright lights and musak of the shopping malls, the day finally came when I could avoid it no more.  Actually, it wasn't so bad.  The sales were on so I managed to get 20% off TD's shoes...and 50% off already reduced shoes for myself!!!  Well, you know, how can you walk past a bargain?  I don't know what was more shocking - the fact that I got a pair of Diana Ferrari saldals for $10 or that TD No. 2 is now a whopping size 9 and a half!!!  After that little surpirse, we ate sushi in amongst the crowds, bright lights and musak before heading home, via a stall of sunglasses which were also on sale - and I needed new sunglasses so...I bought a pair!  Okay, okay, apart from the sales, I really do hate shopping malls!!!

Now I think everyone is pretty much kitted out for another eventful year in the Mature Age Student's household.  But wait...I still have four weeks until I go back to uni, so I guess my visions of sleep-ins and lazy days by the pool will still be possible.  Sorry kids - ha ha!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Shoes! I am also impressed you managed to get to the Mall, and it was open after all that flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous.

    #1: Summer? What the hell? There is 2 feet of snow outside my window!

    #2: 4 weeks of vacation from school left for you? I am entering my 3rd week back of 20 credits...grrr.

    #3: I love those shoes!!!! Unfortunately, I can't do heals anymore due to arthritis in my big fat toe! =(

    Despite my green-with-envy-face I have on right now, I am so happy for you! Enjoy your pool, your break and your beautiful shoes!!! You deserve it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!