Saturday, October 17, 2009

Captain, My Captain

After much emailing back and forth to the Education Convenors, I think I've finally worked out what subjects and how many credit points I need to teach middle/secondary school at the end of my degree.  Who would've thought subject selection could be such a headache?  It's just that the BA has such a diverse range to choose from, I want to do all of them!!  I have finally decided I want to teach English & Film and Media studies when I graduate.  It means another four years instead of three and I'll be 45 by the end of it.  I think I should be mature enough by then to handle a bunch of 6 - 12 graders!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with that - I'm 45 already and still have two years to go. But I'm not planning on teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan! 45 is still young - 40 being the new 30 and all that! - I am 48 already and will be 50 when I finish my MA - god that's a scary thought! (I am okay with you saying I don't look it btw ;)- you'll have to check out my facebook photo to see though!) If I was going to teach, then secondary is the level I would want to teach, or adults. I don't mind primary age children, but couldn't spend all day with them! Now they have just raised the retirement age we will all be working until we're nearly 70 anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we are all in the same boat. I'm 47 with another year and a half (I hope) to go. I like the idea of 40 being the new 30!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of 40 being the new 30 too - I just wish I felt 30!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!