Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life's a beach

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
Helen Keller

Well, escaping for a few days, sans technology, worked wonders.  Teenage Daughter had no money for credit, so the phone was out of the question; there was no internet access (well there was but I told them there wasn't!); and the TV didn't go on until 7pm at which time we were all so tired, we were in bed by 8.30.  So for three days it was absolute bliss with nothing but the sun, the surf and ourselves for company -until we returned home and TD fled straight into her room, onto Twitter and I haven't seen her since!

It was good while it lasted and it was just the break I needed before having to return to uni yesterday, where I arrived over an hour early for my first class (I was so keen and motivated), only to find five minutes before class started the lecture had actually been cancelled.  That didn't worry me too much - only that I was hoping to get some results for an assignment I handed in before the break. 

After bumping into another mature-aged student who also didn't get the early morning email about the cancellation of said class, we decided to have coffee and began to chat about what we were going to do once our degrees are finished - a popular topic not only amongst my peers but with everyone I come into contact with.  Family and friends are forever asking what I'll do when, after seven more subjects
(S-E-V-E-N!!!), I will have a degree.  My friend and I decided we just don't know and it's okay that we just don't know.  We're still figuring it all out and a decision will be made somewhere along the way - we're sure.

For now, this whole university/discovering myself thing is still a big adventure and I'm just enjoying the ride.  YeeHa!!








3 comments:

  1. YAYYYY FOR ONLY SEVEN MORE SUBJECTS!!!!!!!!!!! You definitely don't need to figure it out now. You can have fun imagining while you remember that every day is ONE DAY CLOSER! Wahoooooooooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicki - even better, I've just signed up to do an intensive Italian for beginners class over the summer, so next year I'll only have SIX subjects to go! Yippeeeeeeeee!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Yayyyy!!!!!! I have 16 classes left for my Masters AFTER this semester is over. =( I am taking 2 classes per summer to make it sooner...and more insane!! I have the Rosetta Stone Italian program. I haven't used it in a while and want to learn it so bad! I am Italian and all I know is Butana Butalarda and that is not a nice thing at all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all!

I've done it!!!

Well, I've finally done it!! Got accepted into Uni AND created a blog!!! After searching for insightful websites to help me tackle my journey into academia at my ripe old age and coming up with nil, I decided to start one of my own. I hope this blog will encourage anyone who has ever doubted their own abilities, to put one foot in front of the other and achieve their ambitions, desires, dreams...no matter what they are. If anyone has any inspiring stories to share, I would love to hear them. I love an inspiring story!!!